7 October 2014

REVIEW: Faith in Nature Shampoo & Conditioner


I love finding out about natural beauty products and have recently been doing some research into natural and organic skin care and want to try some different things out. Which is why I was so interested when I heard about Faith in Nature.   

All Natural

All Faith in Nature hair care products contain organic ingredients and don't contain any parabens. But what are parabens anyway and why are they bad for you?  Essentially (I'm no expert), parabens are chemicals that are used as preservatives in beauty products - creams, shower gels, shampoos etc. These chemicals can be absorbed into your skin which doesn't sound great to me so I try to stay on the safe side and buy paraben free products where I can. 

Coincidentally, Faith in Nature products come packaged in bottles made from recycled materials and their ingredients are all locally sourced in Britain. Phew! Is it all too good to be true? 

Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner

Faith in Nature very kindly sent me a shampoo and conditioner of my choice to try (but I promise this does not affect my opinions). I went for 400ml bottles of Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner which are recommended for normal to dry hair - which mine is. The price tag is £5.50 each for that size which I think is incredibly reasonable but as far as I'm aware they are only available to buy online.

My Thoughts

After having used the shampoo and conditioner on my hair for the past couple of weeks, I'm in love! The smell is to die for - an aroma of sweet, rich coconut fills the shower when I lather up my locks and I can't help myself but think of the tropics now when I'm in the shower. The coconut smell lasts in my hair too and I've actually been getting compliments from friends about how nice my hair smells. 

My hair is prone to frizziness and can be a bit difficult to tame at times. I found my hair has been a lot easier to manage since using these products. With natural hair care products you will never get the shine like with most high street products (because of all the silicone such products contain) but at least I know the products are doing my hair actual good instead of just looking that way. I'm quite pleased with the way the shampoo lathers as well which you don't often get with other natural shampoos. 

Faith in Nature Shampoo & Conditioner

At the moment, the only thing letting Faith in Nature products down, in my opinion, is the label design - the packaging doesn't scream luxury and won't look very attractive sitting in your shower (and if you're anything like me, this really plays a role in a buying decision)! But don't judge a book by its cover, as what's inside these bottles is pure magic.

All in all, great products by Faith in Nature. When I'm finished with the Coconut I'd like to try the Hemp & Meadowfoam range and maybe some of their skin care products too!

Have you tried any Faith in Nature products or what are your thoughts on natural beauty products in general?

Isobel x 

No comments:

Post a Comment