26 March 2013

Cheat Day Burgers at Patty & Bun

I'm a big believer in eating clean & working out to keep my body looking & feeling the best it can be, but on the days where nothing but an indulgent cheeseburger will do a cheat day/meal has to come into play. As long as you balance out a calorie-fest like this with an active lifestyle, some sessions in the gym & a healthy diet it won't affect your goals & having a flat stomach the next day. 

A couple of weeks ago I headed to Patty&Bun with a few friends & it was probably the best burger I've EVER had & the perfect use of a cheat day.
And yes I hit the gym hard the next day- fuelled through an amazing workout by the creators of 'the ultimate comfort food'!


All three of us went for the 'Ari Gold' cheeseburger with chips & chicken wings to share, washed down with ice cold San Pellegrino lemonade.



The chicken wings  (smoked confit wings with BBQ sauce & spring onions) were INCREDIBLE I would almost go back just for a portion of wings, the most tender melt in your mouth chicken with an awesome sticky glaze.


The cheeseburger (beef patty, cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickled onions, ketchup, smokey P&B mayo, brioche) was utterly perfect & decadent.


We got to Patty&Bun pretty late (3pm) after having a wander round the shops on Oxford Street. I would definitely recommend going at a similar time after the lunchtime rush as we were able to walk right in & have our pick of a few tables. Anytime 12-2pm & I gather there can be a pretty long queue waiting outside.

Price wise I was really impressed, the meal cost us just £12 each & the staff were lovely & really helpful.

To balance out this indulgent post I have some guilt-free protein goodies coming up this week, think protein banana bread & peanut butter protein cookies!

Harriet x

3 comments:

  1. OMG those burgers look too good!!
    Youve made me so hungry!
    Would love to follow each other on bloglovin.
    Just comment on my blog and I always follow back.
    Lots of love from London.
    Love G xx

    www.supercalafashionistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! So yummy!!

    Kisses,

    Babi
    www.voguebuster.net

    ReplyDelete