20 March 2013

Mini beauty haul: Origins, Clinique, Philip Kingsley


Ah! So yesterday I had a spare hour and went on a little impromptu "browse" round John Lewis. Of course I just couldn't help myself and ended up coming away with a few little treats. I'm excited about all these products as I have never tried any of them before and keen to give them a whirl! This is what I bought...


Philip Kingsley Weatherproof Hairspray & Daily Damage Defense - £6.50 each

I've heard good things about Philip Kingsley products and have never tried any before. I was put off by the £20+ price tag on the shapoos and conditioners so thought I would give these small 60ml hair protectants a try. Having rained relentlessly receently I'm quite intrigued to see how the weatherproof hairspray works, I will come back to you with an update!  


Origins Super Spot Remover - £13

After being bitterly disappointed that Le Roche Posey didn't work for me at ridding my skin of spots (see my blog post on it here) I thought I would try this blemish treatment gel from probably my favourite skin care brand, Origins. It's a tiny little pot at just 10ml but obviously you just apply a small amount to the areas that need to be treated. I don't have any major spots at the moment but I tried it last night on a few post spot red marks and it has already seemed to have calmed them down a bit. What's great is that when you buy something from the Origins counter they normally give you some free samples, two of which I gave to my sister and kept Plantscription Anti Aging Cream to try for myself. 




Clinique Even Better Makeup in 03 Ivory - £23

I've been dying to try something from Clinique for ages and I was just having a look round the stand when of course a very knowledgeable sales assistant comes up to me and I just can't resist coming away with something. I'm sure I will get through this tiny 30ml pot in no time but it felt so nice on my skin in the shop and a good colour for me - I might keep this one for special occasions and not as an everyday make up!

Please let me know any of your thoughts on these products if you have tried or are thinking about trying them! Have a lovely day!

Isobel x

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I'm very interested in how the Philip Kingsly and the Origins products work out, haven't tried either but they both sound good! - Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte, after only using for a day or two the Origins Spot Remover has worked wonders for my stubborn red and bumpy hormonal round the mouth spots I have. Not completely gone but VAST improvement. Been using the daily damage defense too before blow drying - hair feeling a bit greasy. Thanks for the comment, Isobel x

      Delete