18 September 2013

Harriet's A/W Wishlist- Zara

So I started doing this as a general A/W wishlist across my favourite brands, however the shortlist became so Zara heavy that I decided to keep it simple & do my picks of the current (amazing) Zara collection. Even so this selection is heavily streamlined, I could easily have picked twice as many pieces. A/W is definitely my favourite season style wise & as ever Zara have really hit the fashion jackpot with their lust-worthy coats, shoes & knitwear.


1. Duffle Coat with fur Hood. I love so many of the Zara coats it was hard to pick a favourite, for versatility combined with the luxe (faux) fur collar this grey number got the No.1 spot. It's a classic design that will see you through post-Christmas without the fickle fashion world moving on & leaving it for dust. My more trend-led runners up were this tartan jacket, & Zara's casual take on the ubiquitous pink coat that is everywhere this season.

2. Floral Lingerie Style Dress & Oversize Sweater. I think this delicate slip dress would look great with an oversized chunky knit like this one thrown on top. Teamed with some thick tights & ankle boots it would be a perfect cosy & girly winter outfit.

3. Combination Wellies, Ankle Boots & Leather Slingbacks. These are my three favourite Zara shoes at the moment, an elegant pair of wellies for combatting the inevitable rain & snow in the city. A pair of amazingly cheap burgundy Chelsea boots, & elegant evening heels that (thanks to the absence of a peep-toe) won't give you frostbite.

4. Maroon Dress. This jersey dress is right up my street. A throw it on, minimal effort dress that with the drape detailing doesn't require much dressing up. Add a snuggly scarf & some boots & you are good to go.

5. Shopper bag. This would be a great work bag for me, lots of room to pile all my rubbish in & really affordable so I won't be precious about taking it out in the pouring rain & subjecting it to the commute bus & tube floor. I love the burgundy/black colourway for Autumn.

6. Skirt with Buckles & Extra-Fine Sweater. Finally I love this black mini-skirt with buckle detail & ultra fine grey knit. They are both smart & versatile, & appeal to my love of back-to-school preppiness.

Let me know in the comments if you would like to see any A/W haul posts to see what new season items make their way into my wardrobe!

Harriet x

No comments:

Post a Comment