28 June 2014

REVIEW: Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara

My favourite high street mascara of all time is the Maybelline Great Lash mascara in "Blackest Black". Seeing as I've been using this non-stop for a while now I keen to try out the new Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara.

Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara "Spherical" Bristles


This new Bourjois mascara is unique in that it's wand has "spherical bristles" as well as straight ones to give you maximum volume. The wand has supposedly been styled on salon style round hair brushes to give your lashes a "blow-dried", clump free look.
Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara
Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara
What I like:
It really does do what it says on the tin! The mascara dries instantly (in "1 seconde") meaning you don't have to wait around flapping your hands in front of your face like a madman. It also means no smudging or getting black marks everywhere when blinking. It quickly gives a lot of volume & one coat is enough so it should last a long time.

What I don't like:
I personally prefer smaller mascara wands as I find I can get much more precision than with larger ones. I'm also not sold on the "spherical" bristles, I don't really see what they add to the brush. As the formula is very quick drying it means you have to apply it quite quickly too, great for on the go, but maybe not so good for a bit of a slow coach like me!

Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Before & After
Overall I like this mascara, I will carry on using it until it runs out but probably wouldn't repurchase with the £9.99 price tag.

Isobel x

Disclaimer: We were sent this product as a sample to review but this does not affect our opinions.

4 comments:

  1. I really like boujois makeup especially the eyeshadows and lipsticks. Can't say I have tried their mascara, doesn't sound wonderful. I genre rally use Lancôme Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes I'd love to try a Lancôme mascara! I bet they're amazing! Isobel x

      Delete
  2. I honestly can't remember the last time I left the house without mascara on. I love it. And yes, I feel your pain about drying time. Many a perfect face has been ruined with a badly timed blink. Bah! For the record, I've settled on Clarins Mascaras at the moment. Open to new ideas though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I must try Clarins too now! Thanks for the comment! Love the blog too . Isobel x

      Delete