31 March 2014

March Beauty Favourites

I always feel March is a really difficult month when it comes to skin care and beauty products. It's that time that's in between Winter & Summer when the weather is changing and we need to often update beauty products and routine in order to keep up...READ MORE
Obviously this is even harder living in London, as we all know, it can be beautiful sunshine one day & then snowing the next! So, because of this I've recently bought a few new products and would love share my March beauty favourites with you. I love compiling lists and have really enjoyed getting together all my beauty favourites. My all time favourite past time is also trawling through and reading through blogs and finding out other people's beauty favourites.
I love BB cream and since it's become really popular in the last couple of years I often use it every day as part of my make up routine in place of foundation. I normally buy Garnier's BB cream but I was finding even the 'Light' shade of it  was too orange for my skin (god I must be so pale!). So I think I found this Rimmel BB cream as it was part of a 3 for 2 offer at Boots earlier this month. To my surprise I absolutely prefer it and have now been converted and will be repurchasing. It's marketed as 9-in-1 as it claims to moisturise, minimise pours, conceal, cover, smooth, mattify, brighten and help protect. It gives a more even coverage than the Garnier BB cream and the product is a lot lighter in colour and texture compared with Garnier. It's less oily and has a powdery/smooth finish but still  feels very moisturising. It's also SPF 25 and very inexpensive. If you want a cheap swap from foundation to BB cream I would really recommend Rimmel 9-in-1 BB cream. 

I've cheated with this one as I bought this Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask in December last year but I have really been feeling the benefit of it this month. I bought it as part of an Origins set along with the Origins Clear Improvement Mask and the Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask  (see my review of Origins Clear Improvement mask). This is an untraditional mask as (like the name of the product says) you leave it on your skin overnight. Origins have advised to use this mask twice a week but I've been using it nearly every evening like a night cream. My skin just feels so much more moisturised & hydrated. I would highly recommend this for anyone who has dry skin like I do. This is a great product to take into the summer months when our skin needs a bit of extra moisture at night time after a long day in the sunshine (wishful thinking!?). I think it's really worth the higher end price tag. This product has to be the favourite of my March Beauty Favourites list.  

The L'Oreal Micellar Solution is a make up remover, cleanser & toner in one! I never thought that I would want to join these together but I'm loving it for those days & nights where I'm in a rush and a full skin care routine is just too daunting. I've never really bought any L'Oreal products as I don't particularly like the shampoos but I decided to try this L'Oreal Micellar Solution as it's a really cheap alternative/dupe for the Bioderma Sensibio H20 micellar water  that everyone raves so much about.

LUSH Imperialis
Lush Imperialis is a great light weight moisturiser for coming into the warmer months when heavier day creams are no longer needed. It's mid range at about £12.99 but because it's Lush I can feel good about the quality ingredients. This is a great moisturising cream for combination skin. I will definitely be repurchasing Lush Imperialis.  

This is my new favourite hair care product! Kerastase Nectar Thermique is a leave in hair treatment for very dry hair that is also a heat styling protector. It's a touch expensive at about £16 for 150ml but it's totally worth it and since buying it last month I have never looked back. It's sold online or at hair salons. I just use it straight out of the shower, after I've washed my hair. I've noticed a huge difference in the manageability of my frizzy locks and they feel so much softer too! Thank you Kerastase! 

This is more of a health favourite than a beauty one but since health can improve the appearance of our skin I thought I would include it anyway. This month I've been taking the KX 365 supplements. It's a months supply of 4 vitamins in 30 handy individual packets - one for everyday. It supposedly provides "full nutritional support" with a multivitamin & CoQ10 to take in the morning and omega 3 & an antioxidant to take in the evening. I have noticed a difference in feeling generally well this month and they're packaging is rather inspired and easy to use. I might do a full review of the KX 365 product on this blog at some point.  

Please share your March favourites with us!
Izzy x

2 comments:

  1. I love kerastasetr hair products they do my hair the world of good. Lush moisturisers ooh I havent tried this sounds good Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome isn't it! Yes lush products are really good for mid range prices! Izzy x

      Delete