20 March 2014

REVIEW: Street Feast @ Hawker House

This Saturday & Sunday is the last weekend of Street Feast at Hawker House in East London.




My boyfriend and I went a few weeks ago so I thought it was fitting to do a little post on my experience there before it finishes and implore everyone to go! Street Feast at Hawker House is a pop-up indoor street market that has run for the last 10 weeks, inspired by the hawker centres of Singapore. There are four bars, lots of different food stalls, a DJ & a very cool atmosphere to boot! The market is tucked away on Prichard's Road, barely visible. I wasn't impressed with the £3 entry fee but we were greeted with a cup of hot toddy which was greatly appreciated as it was a particularly wet & miserable evening! 

Patrick & I had a little wonder round to soak up the atmosphere before finally descending on the bar.






We then had a peruse around the various tasty delights that were on offer. Patrick went for a deliscious Seychelles fish curry from Vinn Goute & I opted for a halloumi wrap from the stall next door, The Grilling Greek


Of course we didn't stop there...we flirted with the idea of a "Bad Brownie" but ended up with some exquisite tacos from Breddos.




We then hit the whiskey & wine bars, had a sit down & admired the quirky decor...








To end the night we warmed ourselves by the beautiful wood burning fire outside.


If you're in London this weekend, & can handle the slightly pretentious clientele, I'd highly recommend a trip to Street Feast at Hawker House this weekend. We had a lovely evening and got to try a mix of truly authentic and taste bud charming cuisines from around the world. Please let me know if you go!

Izzy x


2 comments:

  1. Love street food have found some great dishes this way. There is one in Shoreditch that I must try out Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh loads of cool places around that area! Thanks for the comment Lucy x

      Delete