21 June 2013

Post-Holiday Skin & Haircare



A couple of weeks ago I spent 5 gloriously sunny days on a beach in Sardinia with friends. It was absolutely amazing, Sardinia is one of my favourite places in Europe & the little seaside town we keep going back to really has something a bit special about it.

Although I took good care of my skin and hair whilst subjecting it to the sun, sea & sand (SPF50 on my face, SPF30 on my body & heaps of Moroccan oil on my hair) by the time I landed back in London I was feeling rather sunkissed but dehydrated. My hair hard to tame at the best of times had descended into full on beachy waves that needed to be smoothed & straightened into submission for work the next day & my skin was feeling a bit sensitive dry & in need of some TLC.

These are the products I have been turning to to put the moisture back into my skin & hair and keep my tan lasting & looking fresh- no peeling in sight.


 Body & Face

Evian Brumisateur- I've been spraying this over my whole face & body after a shower before applying aftersun/ moisturiser. The fine mist is very cooling & calming and makes a nice addition to my summer skincare routine. This would have been lovely to take on holiday too but unfortunately it's way over the 100ml cabin allowance!
Piz Buin Aftersun- I love this aftersun and repurchase it every year. Light in texture it's moisturising, cooling and absorbs straight away. It smells fantastic and instantly makes me think of summer. It claims to be tan intensifying- I'm not entirely sure about this but it certainly keeps my tan lasting weeks after returning home & stops any peeling or flaking.
Clarins Aftersun Replenishing Moisture Care for Face and Décolleté- As expected from Clarins a lovely facial aftersun lotion that soothes and hydrates without being greasy.
Mama Mio OMega Body Oil- I have been applying this to any extra-dry areas on my body, usually my legs and arms. This oil has won lots of beauty awards and I can see why, the skin on my legs has never looked better, really even and ultra moisturised.


 Such a nice cooling moisturising combination for sunkissed skin.



Hair

Charles Worthington Rough & Tousled Salt Spray- After I've spent 30mins combing conditioner laboriously through my tresses and returning it to a calmer state I find myself missing the texture and perfect waves that come with salty beachy hair. My solution to this has been to spray a bit of this through just washed wet hair (after applying moroccan oil) and I get the best of both worlds non frizzy beach babe hair but healthier & hydrated with no unruly knots!
Phyto Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Shampoo- This is lovely, smells of coconuts and packs a serious hydrating punch.
Morrocanoil Oil Treatment- All time fave, I'm never without this. The only thing that stopped my hair becoming drier than the Sahara when after a few cocktails I joined in with the blondies & squeezed lemon juice over my hair. Sun + seawater + lemon juice does not make for happy hair!
Mark Hill Sunset Smoother Aftersun Conditioner- This was a last minute travel size purchase I picked up in the airport, I really like it & will probably repurchase. Super soft hair and no frizz. Not really any kind of scent which you might expect for a holiday designed product but really can't complain at the price it is!

I'll leave you with a few holiday snaps from Instagram. If you want to see more or stay updated with me or Izzy check us out @twoloveslondon 




Harriet x

No comments:

Post a Comment