14 November 2013

Loving Winter

Things that are making me happy this November;
1. Flowers

I normally think of flowers as a summer treat, this probably has a lot to do with my obsession with peonies, bluebells and forget-me-nots. Out of my pastel comfort-zone, I have discovered some very pretty winter blooms that have been brightening up my house recentlty. An in-expensive bunch of flowers is one of those simple pleasures that always puts a smile on my face.

2. Dog Walks

Sometimes having such a big energetic dog can be hard work, rain or shine he needs roughly three hours of walks a day. All the crisp, sunny weather we've been having recently has been perfect for lovely long dog walks. I've been really enjoying layering up with lots of knitwear and a cosy scarf, discovering new walks with him. Coming back home with rosy cheeks, slightly numb hands feels satisfying and all the fresh air makes you feel so good in what can be quite a depressing month with the newly shortened days.

3. Cosy Pyjamas 

I love pulling on a pair of pyjama bottoms like these when I'm just around the house or in for the evening. This tartan pair happen to be from Primark and cost just £4! They are so soft and cosy, and for the price I didn't feel guilty buying a few different designs.

4. Red Cups

I don't know why but the red Christmas cups at Starbucks make me so happy! I know I'm not alone either judging by the pictures/tweets flooding my social media ever since the infamous red cups arrived. My winter drink of choice is a peppermint mocha, far from sin-free but less sickly sweet than some of the other seasonal options. I discovered them last year right around Christmas-time so they bring back very festive happy memories. Heaven in a cup.

5. Christmas Lights

In the last couple of weeks most of the Christmas lights have gone up around London and our city looks so pretty. My favourite lights are the ones around Sloane Square where subtle twinkling snowflakes adorn every tree, and Covent Garden, which I mentioned here and is so Christmasy it could be re-named Christmas Town.


6. Berry Nails

I have always preferred darker nail polishes, especially of the deep berry/plum/red variety. La Moss by Butter London has made a welcome appearance on my nails this week, I'm so impressed with the colour pay-off and consistency that I can see it being my go-to shade for the rest of the winter season. The application is so smooth and easy, pretty much opaque after one coat (almost black after two) it is a perfect vampy red. With a Seche Vite topcoat I haven't had a single chip in four days.

.

Let me know if you're enjoying winter & feeling festive already!
Harriet x

2 comments:

  1. 1. You look VERY stylish & chic doing the dog walk! 2. I too have been enjoying some wintry things this year rather then wishing it was summer already again. 3. Always a pleasure to read positivity 4. I have no idea why I am bullet pointing my comment! 5. LOVE the nail colour & i should probably now stop commenting ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love your bullet point-ed comment. I think this new found appreciation for A/W has a lot to do with all the sunny weather instead of the rain we normally get. Please let it stay! X

      Delete