8 November 2013

Winter Skin Cleansing

I've been really enjoying Autumn this year. Getting up most days to crisp sunny weather, wrapping up in big tartan scarves & sipping hot chocolate on long dog walks. Unfortunately a downside to the dropping temperature is often that our skin gets quite abused & products that were fine for summer are no longer keeping up.


 
I have definitely noticed this in the last couple of weeks with my skin getting pretty dry on my forehead & cheeks. Taking this as my cue I have begun updating my skincare routine, making the transition into the winter months with richer more hydrating products.

First up; cleansers! I find using a rich cleansing cream or balm to be the most effective step in maintaining good winter skin. It preps your skin with a good amount of moisture & removes any dead skin or flakes that can make applying makeup later-on a nightmare!

So far I've picked up two new cleansers the illustrious Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm & the Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser from Superdrug. So far I've been using the purse-friendly Superdrug option, anticipating the more potent Emma Hardie will be better served for when the temperature truly plummets.


So far I've been so impressed with the £5.99 Superdrug find. I've used (& loved) Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish in the past & think that this holds its own against the multi-award winner. 

A thick, rich textured cream with a natural botanical scent it leaves skin feeling baby soft, clean & nourished. I don't ask much more from a cleanser!

It's also worth noting that I have pretty sensitive, combination skin, prone to redness & irritation. This doesn't aggravate my skin in anyway & actually feels calming & soothing. A big thumbs up from me, I'm very happy to find such an affordable & effective product!

I'll let you know how I get on with this in the coming months & also the results of the EH cleansing balm. 

What are your winter skincare must-haves?

Harriet x

No comments:

Post a Comment