18 February 2013

Fitness Tip, Kettlebells

Up until now my experience with kettlebells has been limited to a few upper body exercises. I've never got to grips with the wealth of exercises you can do with them or trained with someone who uses them for full body strength & conditioning.


As of last week I started working out with a friend who has just set up a Personal Training studio & after feeling a major lull in my workouts & generally being quite unmotivated, in just a week I feel hugely re-energised & can feel my endurance returning. The exercises he has incorporated into my workouts have been a mixture of some I'm already familiar with & some that are completely new. The ones that have made the biggest impression have been the full body kettlebell moves. Kettlebell swings, alternating swings, the kettlebell clean & (the amazing but leg destroying) burpee-deadlift.

In just a week I can notice a big difference in my lower body tone & will definitely be using these moves in the run up to summer! Looking for toned lean legs & a pert bum? Try kettlebells! A lot of gyms will offer a kettlebells workshop or class (something I explicably missed out on during 3 years at Virgin Active) so if you're stuck in a workout rut I'd take full advantage of them!

If you are based in South London & looking to kickstart your fitness regime definitely check out Ed's boutique training studio the Apex Club! The full website will be up & running soon but there's currently a online booking system that you can use to book in your first free session. Ed has a wealth of fitness experience & know-how & has kitted out the beautiful space with everything you need to get a killer workout. Paired with brand new bathrooms & shower facilities it really is a bit of a fitness gem in the Vauxhall/ Stockwell area. Ed is now on twitter as of today so if you have any fitness/ health questions pop over and say hi!
Harriet x

10 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting! :)

    XO,
    http://rosychicc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth giving them a go! I'm seeing amazing results!x

      Delete
  2. Thanks,for your lovely comment on my blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is gorgeous- as are you! Love your style, followed :)
    Harriet x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried them out yet or read too much about them so thankyou for this post :) I'm on a bit of a fitness campaign so might have to give them a go!!

    www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! Try and find a class local to you to get the basics- form is key to getting the most out of the exercises! Lovely blog btw :)

      Delete
  5. I've been doing kettle bells a lot more lately to. Took me a while to get used to as it feels a little...uncontrollable, kinda like your just throwing stuff around, compared to keeping such strict form on normal excercises, but I've really felt the difference so I think it's working!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using them, but i feel like im too repeitive, I need to look some new stuff up!

    Follow Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins on Bloglovin’

    L.Mae Boutique Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Up until now my experience with kettlebells has been limited to a few upper body exercises. I've never got to grips with the wealth of exercises you can do with them or trained with someone who uses them for full body strength & conditioning. kettlebell set

    ReplyDelete