3 January 2013

Bikini Challenge

In the new year I came across #bikinichallenge on twitter. The premise is simple- on January 1st you upload a picture of yourself in a bikini on twitter, 6 months later you upload a similar picture, same bikini but with one difference! Hopefully in the course of 6 months you will have made some positive steps towards improving you diet, health and fitness and these changes will be obvious in your new confidence & slimline waist!



The idea is that by having the evidence up on the Internet for the world to see, it will motivate you to keep going with whatever goals you have set for yourself & not give up at the first hurdle. There is also the additional support of the 100s of other twitter users taking part in #bikinichallenge and the online fitness community to inspire, motivate and jog you along. If you are trying to make fitness & healthy living part of your 2013 then I recommend you check it out! There also are some fantastic twitter accounts that update daily tips & ticks to get you that dream summer body.



As for my own goals, nothing drastic but I would like to add more definition to my stomach & arms as well as tighten my lower body. I'll be going about this mostly by tweaking my diet and continuing with my cardio & resistance training. I'm going to keep my diet as clean as possible, keep toxins to a minimum (eliminate alcohol and reduce coffee intake) and fill up on lots of veggies. Aiming for 5% less body fat by 1st June.

all images courtesy of weheartit.com


I'll be tracking my progress both on this blog and on our twitter account @twoloveslondon

2 comments:

  1. Might have to give this a go (even though we are halfway through January already)! I'm just not sure if I can face putting up a bikini pic of myself on twitter. Besides which, I really do not think any of my followers would want to see me in a bikini! Haha.

    Maybe in 6 months though...

    Good luck with the bikini challenge! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thanks Simona! - take the picture now & then you will be able to see your fitness journey when you take the 'after' pic! (even if you don't put it on twitter!)
      Lets aim for abs for Tough Mudder! x

      Delete