20 January 2013

Day in South Kensington


The other day Harriet & I wound up with a couple of hours to kill in South Ken, a lovely part of South West London full of little boutiques & museums. It was a beautiful, sunny day but bitterly cold! So bundled up like the Michelin man we went for a coffee in my favourite my cafe Le Pain Quotidien. They serve their coffee in little bowls instead of cups, which feels so lovely on cold hands. Harriet and I both went for a frothy Cappuccino. They have the most amazing selection of patisseries which are freshly made each day. Harriet indulged in an almond croissant and I couldn't help myself & ordered a chocolate brownie. 









Then we went for a little wonder around the shops in South Ken. Harriet, being the gym buff, had a cheeky look at the Stella McCartney range for Adidas. 


In the evening I went out for dinner with my sister and her boyfriend. We went to the Big Easy on the King's Road which is modeled on American crabshacks. I absolutely LOVE this place. It always has such a vibrant, loud atmosphere and even on a Wednesday night it was difficult to book a table! The decor is so quirky and authentic. They do an amazing deal for 1 1/4 lbs of Lobster with chips, salad AND a frozen margarita or beer all for £14.95 (bargain!!). All 3 of us went for the lobster!








I hope you enjoyed this post guys! Let me know if you want more lifestyle & restaurant recommendation posts!

Isobel x

No comments:

Post a Comment