14 January 2013

January Sales!

'Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping'
Bo Derek - (80s Actress/ Model & Pinup)


So I have a shopping problem, some of my earliest memories are of discovering the joys of shopping & if I'm being honest (& very shallow) it's probably my favourite pastime.

As I mentioned in my very first blog post I have some saving to do in 2013, this means hiding my credit cards and reigning in the spending somewhat. However if its on sale and an absolute bargain then I don't see that as cheating. Plus I need it. Obviously.

I was going to wait until all of my January Sale bargains had arrived before I did this post, but some of them are taking a while to get here & I wanted to have it up before the sales end, so some items will still be available!

First stop SPACE.NK, I had completely forgotten to check out this luxury beauty sale until I saw the video Vivianna Does Makeup did on the bits she picked up! This is what I went for.

I LOVE Aromatherapy Associates, such a gorgeous luxury brand. I saw these 'Little Treats' before Christmas but forgot to go back & pick any up, so I was delighted to see them 50% off in the sale! I picked up quite a few of these as I think they make an adorable little gift for someone. 


'Blueberry Water Booster' by Dr. Brandt. £30 - reduced to £15.
I've used this supplement before & had great results from doing so. It's a green tea concentrate with each dropper full equivalent to drinking 15 (!!) cups of the potent antioxidant filled stuff. It gives me the same great benefits that I get from a regular green tea habit - but as I'm not wild on the taste of green tea this is a great alternative for me! Great skin, health & energy levels? Yes please!


Already a fan of Frederic Fekkai hair products I thought I'd give this a whirl. As someone with wavy hair I'm always looking to add shine (our hair reflects less light) so hopefully this will live up to its claims & the brand.


'Shaker Bottle' by David Kirsch. £5.50 reduced to £2.50.
I added this to my basket as it'll be handy for preparing my protein shakes on the go. 


My most exciting Space NK purchase! The picture really doesn't do this palette justice, the colours are gorgeous, bright & right up my street. I've had a play around with it and I'm so impressed, great texture & pigmentation. 3 lip glosses, a cream blush & a lipstick all with a lovely big mirror, I think this is a bit of a bargain at £22, new handbag essential!

Not technically 'January Sale' but heavily discounted none the less.


I love Zoe Karssen's designs, I live in basics like her jersey tops and tees but I'm not sure I would pay full price for them. They stock a lot of her last seasons line on The Outnet & after the discount they are much more purse friendly. I can't wait to wear this with skinny jeans, biker boots & a cute jacket, casual outfit done.

'Colour Block Tweed Biker'. £65 reduced to £20.
I saw someone wearing this way back in the Autumn and loved it. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this little gem in the sale at £20! I snapped it up straight away. I love the oxblood colour and cropped biker style, a great item to freshen up my winter wardrobe.

After being distinctly underwhelmed with the Zara sale first time round, I had another look today & noticed that there have been some serious markdowns in the meantime!


'Printed Platform Wedge' £49.99 reduced to £16.99.
An elegant monochrome wedge, I think these will look great with a dark manicure & black skinny jeans in the Winter or a tan, coral nails & a white skirt in Summer.


'Studded Cowboy Low Cut Boots'. £69.99 reduced to £19.99.
I couldn't let these boots pass me by! £20 for real leather boots is pretty hard to beat. I know I'll get a lot of wear out of these, the small heel means that I can run about all day in them & I love a pair of brown ankle boots (see this post).


'Neon Studded Bracelet'. £15.99 reduced to £3.99.
Again I saw this bracelet a while ago and was drawn to the neon colour and chunky studs. However I'm glad I waited - £4 is a lot easier to justify than £16! Another addition to my neon jewellery collection that I love teaming with neutral grey & black clothing.


&....... I'm still contemplating these!


'High Platform Sandal'. £49.99 reduced to £19.99.
I WANT these! I love the bright cherry red and the pop of colour it would bring to an outfit. But I really don't need another pair of heels......


'Studded Hell Ballerina'. £29.99 reduced to £16.99.
A basic black ballerina shoe with a twist. Perfect with black skinny jeans.


'Wool Herringbone Jacket'. £69.99 reduced to £39.99.
I Love the cut of this jacket. I think it would be a super stylish & flattering addition to my wardrobe. In a cool tone dark grey that I love.

Did you pick up any bargains in the sale? I would love to hear what you got. One shopping addict to another ;)

Harriet x

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the brown ankle boots too!
    Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should check them out - they still had lots of sizes left :) x

      Delete