1 January 2013

Two Loves #1

Every now & then we plan to bring you a joint post with each of our two loves for the week.  These will be beauty/fashion/lifestyle items that we have been particularly loving & want to share with you.


Harriet Loves

This product can be used as both an eyeshadow base or on its own as a cream eyeshadow. It's a beautiful pale pink nude with shimmer that really opens the eye and makes you look much more awake! It's been a staple in my makeup bag for years but I really feel that it comes into its own at this time of year to create a pretty wintery makeup look. I tend to go for the lazy girl option and simply use it at as a cream eyeshadow - it looks great with a bit of black eyeliner smudged into the lashline, mascara and groomed brows (eye makeup done in less than 2 minutes!) 

Elizabeth Arden '8 Hour Cream'

During the winter I tend to get a few patches of super sensitive skin and this completely soothes any dryness and irritation, more so than any product I've ever tried. It's also fantastic after a winter cold when you get dry lips and dryness around your nose. Pop it on before you go to sleep and any signs of dryness are completely gone by morning. Every beauty kit needs a tube of this miracle cream! Hx

Isobel Loves
Origins 'Well Off' Eye makeup remover


I have needed this makeup remover LOTS this week, what with it being party season! This is my absolute favourite makeup remover of all time and I tend to repurchase it even before the last one has run out, as I can't bare to be without it! I just cannot understand how a makeup remover can really get rid of all my eye makeup (and I wear a lot of liquid eye liner and mascara) and yet be so gentle on my skin at the same time. I use just a little on a cotton pad. I push down and saturate each eye with the product and there is never any need to rub vigorously. This product leaves the skin around my eyes so soft and refreshed. I cannot rave enough about it. Ix



This cream is something that I overlooked at first. But after I tried it I was hooked! It is absolutely perfect for the Winter months when my skin particularly gets very dry on my body (especially on my legs). It's no surprise really what with the horrible weather and central heating. It is really light and soothing to apply. It doesn't sit on top of your skin like a lot of other creams. I find with other creams I sometimes feel a bit greasy afterwards and need to wait a while before I can put my clothes on, which I nearly never have time for! Also a little of this product goes a long way. It contains echinacea, vitamin e, rose-scented geranium and sweet orange pure essential oils. It has a lovely smell that's not too sweet. Fabulous winter treat for your skin! 


Harriet & Isobel x






No comments:

Post a Comment