8 January 2013

Two Loves #2

Isobel Loves
Erborian BB Creme in 'light' £34



This is the stuff that dreams are made of! I can't rave about this product enough. If you can bare the hefty price tag this BB cream really is worth it. I was a BB cream virgin before I tried this product out, and I am now officially a convert. It completely evens out my skin tone, covers up blemishes and leaves my skin so soft. Sometimes I use it as a base for my foundation and other times (if I'm in a rush) I simply just apply the cream and nothing else and it lasts all day. Seeing as it was a bit of a shock going back to work after the festive season I love the fact I can just put a little on in the morning and a bit of mascara and in a flash I'm good to go! Link!

                            Yves Saint Laurent Highlighter Palette in 'Polar Light' £39.50



I got this as a Christmas present this year and is something I have wanted for AGES. I personally prefer powder highlighters to liquid ones. I use it with a small powder brush along the top of my cheekbones and on my brow bone. It has a lovely pinky tone which is gorgeous when it catches the light, and is really build-able from a light everyday dusting to a more intense glamorous party look.  It comes with a cute silver sequin pouch and the mirror that comes in the lid is amazing. Great luxurious item to have in your make up bag. Link!



Harriet Loves
Indo Board 



The Indo Board is a fun but extremely challenging piece of workout kit! Used predominantly by surfers, skaters, wake-boarders & kite surfers to strengthen the specific muscles used in these sports, it  also provides a good general fitness workout. For anyone looking to improve their balance & co-ordination along with sculpting muscles & burning calories this is a fun way to do so. I've been using the Indo Board mostly to give my core an extra blast, as I am looking for more definition in this area. I have been performing push ups, squats & cross-steps on the board once or twice a week at the end of my usual workout, and I have really noticed a difference in my balance and core strength. The benefits that push ups & squats give you when performed on a stable surface are greatly amplified on the sliding board and you really have to activate your core to stop yourself flying off! If your looking to try one out I know that they keep them in selected Fitness First clubs or you can purchase your own here link!



                                                               Homemade Tzatziki


In keeping with the healthy frame of mind I have been loving this low-fat, high protein dip as a snack with carrot & cucumber sticks, or as a light meal with wholemeal pitta.
The greek yogurt is packed with all natural protein & raw ingredients, each individual serving containing a whopping 23g of protein! This delivers steady sustained energy throughout your day which keeps you feeling fuller for longer.

This is how I like to make my Tzatziki -
1/2 pot FAGE 2% Fat Greek Yoghurt (personally I prefer to use the 2% variety, but if you wanted to you could make this recipe almost fat free by using 0%)
1/3 Cucumber - grated
1 Clove Crushed Garlic
Small Handful Chopped Mint & Dill
Squeeze of Lemon/Lime Juice
Pinch of Salt & Pepper


So simple to make you just mix it all together! You can also add a small bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top which tastes yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment