28 January 2013

Current Skin Care Routine

I have kept my skincare routine pretty simple this winter. As a proper skincare junkie I'm always tempted to add in extra lotions & potions, but I have found that my skin definitely responds best to a less is more philosophy.

My skin type is mostly normal, but like a lot of people it is prone to dryness & sensitivity during winter.  That wonderful combination of central heating, harsh weather & lack of sunlight does not make for beautiful skin. I have been combatting the elements this year with a few new beauty finds & have experienced far less dryness than I did last winter when I feel I was adding every lotion under the sun to my face in a bid to hydrate it.
If you have a similar skin type to me I highly recommend any of these products, they have seen me through the winter months with very clear, even & hydrated skin.

I use exactly the same products morning/night. The only extra step I'll add in is a mask in the evening if my skin is feeling particularly dry/tight.


Products from left to right -

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask, an ABSOLUTE must for dehydrated skin! I only use this about once a week at the moment as my skin is quite balanced, but when I do I wake up the next morning with luminous, smooth, plumped skin. A genuine miracle worker & great when you're tired as it simply sinks into the skin like a thick moisturiser - no need to wash off!
Sanoflore Organic Rose Water, I was recommended this floral water by the owner of a pharmacy in Paris, a soothing toner full of super natural ingredients it really brightens my complexion & reduces redness. Sanoflore is a brand I had never heard of previously but one that I have since fallen in love with. This is the only item I have left from my Parisian purchases, but I also highly recommend the Nourishing Honey Cream if you have dry/sensitive skin.
Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser, a gentle airy foam cleanser that leaves my skin feeling soft & refreshed.
Kiehl's Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment, my favourite eye cream, it is extremely hydrating & gentle on the delicate eye area. I wouldn't recommend it as a step in your morning routine if you wear a lot of eye makeup as the thick rich formula makes applying eyeliner/ eyeshadow a nightmare. However if you wear more of a natural/no makeup daytime look its perfect, & it makes the perfect evening treat melting into the skin for a pampered post-facial glow.
Aesop Camelia Nut Facial Hydrating Cream, my first Aesop purchase & I'm definitely hooked! It has an immediate soothing effect on the skin & a beautiful light scent. A nourishing non-greasy cream that's quite light in texture for a moisturiser thats so hydrating.

Currently at the top of my skincare wishlist; Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm, WEI Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask & Aesop Damascan Rose Facial Treatment.
Looks like a little Space NK purchase might be on the cards soon!

If you have tried any of these, or have any tips on keeping your skin winter-proof please let me know in the comments below!
Harriet x

3 comments:

  1. The glycerol acid component and the rough texture make it great for exfoliating your skin to give it a healthy glow. Meanwhile, extra virgin olive oil, rich in vitamin E and antioxidants, is best for moisturizing dry skin while soothing irritation. Furthermore, organic eggs contain natural proteins that act as a toner and help reduce the appearance of pores, giving you a younger-looking face. rejuvenation skin treatment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried the Origins mask and I absolutely love it. I have been using it since I had the skin treatment from http://www.cosmedocs.com/treatments/face-thread-lift.php and it always make my skin feel tighter and smoother.

    ReplyDelete