9 January 2013

Most Worn Items Winter 2012/13


Purple Leather Biker Jacket - Karen Millen (2011 fall/winter collection).
I wear this jacket ALL the time, in a gorgeous purple hue it is somewhat of a statement piece but also very wearable. I saw this jacket in the September 'fall fashion' issue of Vouge in 2011 and fell in love with it, when I first saw it in the store they only had one left, which happened to be in my size - it was meant to be! The quality & cut are amazing and with a jumper underneath it keeps you pretty warm.



'Mini UGG Boots' in black. A controversial choice, but I have to admit I love UGGs purely for the warmth and comfort factor. I wear heels at work & when I get to kick them off and pull these on after a long day they feel INCREDIBLE, super cosy and soft on my sore feet. I got this pair in the 'mini' version which I think makes them look a bit less offensive and clumpy.



GAP '1969 Always Skinny' jeans. My favourite jeans, I have them in blue, black & grey and I live in them. They fit my body better than any other jeans I've tried (including far more expensive ones) and are very flattering. They do stretch so I recommend buying a size down than you would normally go for, they will feel very tight at first but after a couple of wears fit perfectly.


Kate Spade 'Small Square Studs' in Neon Pink. I really like these earrings and love the bright pop of colour they bring to my winter wardrobe. I wear a lot of grey at the moment and am in love with the colour combination - neon pink & grey.


Splendid 'Drapey Cowl Neck'. This sheer knit is my perfect winter basic. Great for layering or stylish on its own. Splendid also make my favourite basic tees, that elusive perfect cut, great quality combination that makes them worth the extra money. 


Like most people I love deep rich colours on my nails in winter. Although I do find Chanel nail polishes chip easily, the pigmentation and tone of 'Rouge Noir' is the best I've found. Barry M also do a good high street version in 'Red Black'. 


Topshop 'Mighty' Boots in Tan. The Topshop dupe for Acne's 'Pistol' boots. For £45 vs Acne's £380 I think they do a very good job. Versatile & comfortable, these get a lot of wear. I chose the tan version to break up my increasingly black wardrobe & I found the colour improved after wearing them on a couple of dog walks, less perfect and slightly mud stained around the toe they look more expensive.


Monica Vinader "Stacking Rings'. I love delicate jewellery and the thin hammered gold bands on these rings win me over every time. I absolutely love the polished bohemian look of Monica Vinader jewellery. I have the 'Siren Small Stacking Ring' in Amethyst & Green Onyx 'Mini Luna Ring' in Labradorite & 'Nugget Ring-Small' in Moonstone and love alternating them for different looks or wearing them on their own.


What are your most worn items this winter? Harriet x





1 comment: