6 January 2013

Review - REN Kit for Normal Skin

REN Kit for Normal Skin



Cleansing Gel

Renewal Mask

Repair Cream



I've been a fan of REN bath/shower products for a while now and decided to try out some of their facial skin care range. This handy little starter kit comes with four miniatures and is the perfect way to test out products you have never tried before without spending the money on the full sizes. Within the REN product range there are starter kits of this kind for sensitive, combination and blemish prone skin but I went for normal. If there was a kit for dry skin, I probably would have gone for that as my skin can get dry during the winter months. In this kit there is the Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Gel, Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask, Vita-Mineral Day Cream and Frankincense Repair Cream. All come in 15ml except the Cleansing Gel which comes in 25ml.

Before I start reviewing the products themselves, I have to say, I'm a sucker for nice packaging and I think REN's packaging is some of the best out there. The look and the quality of it really stands out in what is quite a crowded market for it's price range. 

Cleansing Gel -

This product really is a gel. I can only describe the texture of it as literally like bonjela. It has a lovely aroma of Rose which I personally LOVE the smell of at the moment. This is a really refreshing product, which tingles my skin as I put it on. It would be great to use in the morning if you need a little something to wake you up! After I wash it off my skin feels extremely smooth, soft and calm (with many other face washes my skin can be quite red after). I was thoroughly impressed with this product and would most likely repurchase it.

Renewal Mask -

So I put this mask on after I've washed my face with the cleansing gel. The texture of this mask is like Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream which I was not used to for a face mask (I normally buy thick, paste like masks - think mud). It doesn't have that satisfying feeling of "I'm putting on a mask" as it feels more like a cream/gel. The smell, however, is absolutely gorgeous - a delicate citrus (grapefruit) fragrance. Then, once you've applied the mask it becomes very tingly (which it does tell you on the packaging) but in an itchy way rather than a refreshing way. After 10 minutes I wash it off with a face cloth and it has a rather sticky feeling to it. It does give a definite sense that your skin is "renewed" but I feel perhaps my skin is too dry for this product or perhaps I shouldn't use it straight after the cleansing gel. Not my favourite product, but willing to give it another try!

Day Cream -

This is a lovely, light, day cream. It tightens my skin instantly which makes it feel firm and also so soft. A little of this product goes a long way too, however, needs quite a lot of rubbing for it to fully absorb into the skin! The smell reminds me of Earl Grey Tea (this is probably just me!) which I really quite like. It also has an ever so slight, minty, tingle about it which really makes my skin feel fresh. It feels quite cooling and is very smoothing for the skin. I have also noticed it reflects the light quite a lot which obviously lends itself to that "radiant" look we all so desire.

Repair Cream -

This cream I apply at night after a bath. It is quite a lot thicker than the day cream and again takes a while to be absorbed. It has a woody/churchy (frankincense) fragrance that is totally different to any product I have used before and a lovely, relaxing smell to go to bed with. I often find a lot of products are over perfumed and I love the refreshing natural smells of REN products. It feels deeply moisturising which is what I want at night time (rather than the day time). It again has a tingly feeling which is more awakening than relaxing for me. When I wake up in the morning my skin feels soft and fresh (compared to not putting a night cream on). Normally I have baths at night time rather than showers in the morning and usually just use one cream for all purposes but after testing this night cream I might invest in a full size.    

Please let me know if you have tried any of the products I have reviewed today, I would love to hear your thoughts. Isobel x







No comments:

Post a Comment