14 January 2013

Review - Hair Rescue L'Occitane en Provence

I just thought I'd do a quick post on a product that i am LOVING at the moment. It is the L'Occitane en Provence - Repairing Mask for Dry & Damaged Hair. 

L'Occitane en Provence - Repairing Mask for Dry & Damaged Hair - £20 
So I must confess that I, like a lot of people I'm sure, burn the hell out of my hair with heat styling and as a result it is incredibly dry. I also have naturally wavy, wispy hair that tends to be dry anyway (think scarecrow). Throw in wind, rain and central heating that comes with Winter and you have a recipe for disaster! So I've decided to take control of the frizz and start treating my hair with a little more respect. I've ditched the "drug store" cheap-ies and have been sampling lots of different higher-end hair products and have stumbled upon this one which I adore. 

This is a hair treatment that you can use once or twice a week in between your shampoo and conditioner. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes. It's a lovely thick, creamy conditioning mask, it has the consistency of hand cream and smells beautiful and luxurious. It doesn't feel at all oily even though it contains a "natural vegetable complex of 5 essential oils" including sunflower and wheat oils! Sometimes I feel (as my hair is quite fine/thin) that masks can be heavy, weigh my hair down and give that "not quite washed out my conditioner properly" feeling. This one leaves my hair feeling soft, deeply conditioned and somehow still feeling squeaky clean. Since using it my hair feels a lot stronger and smoother in general even when not using it. At £20 for 250ml it's a bit pricey but totally worth every penny! I'm sure this is going to last me a long time too as I only use a small amount each time. 

Let me know if you've tried this product or do you know of any other good products for dry hair?
Isobel x

No comments:

Post a Comment