16 January 2013

What's in my Glossy Box

Hoorah! My first ever Glossy Box came yesterday. It was such a lovely treat coming home after a long day at work to a cute little box hiding on my door step. So I thought I'd share with you what I got inside. If you are unaware of the concept of Glossy Box (where have you been!?), it is a company that sends you a box of sample sized beauty goodies each month. You never know what you are going to get, which is part of the fun of it, but there is a list of brands you could be sent on their website. The best thing about it is it only costs £10 a month (plus £2.95 P&P) and you get to sample loads of different products without having to go out and buy the full sizes!





I absolutely love how Glossy Boxes look so lovingly put together and the packaging is gorgeous. This months box (of course being January) is all about the detox.

So...what's inside!?


Duck Island Limited - Body Lotion
Have never heard of this brand before so eager to try it out. This is a body lotion with a definite mandarin and bergamot fragrance (think body shop mandarin shower gel).

Elemis Fresh Skin - Skin Glow Facial Exfoliator
I've been wanting to try some Elemis products for ages so was pleased when I saw this one. It smells very fruity. Can't wait to try this exfoliator instead of my usual Origins Modern Friction.

Premae Skincare - Balance Rescue Face Tonique
This one I am probably the most excited to try! Again another brand I have never tried before. This is a "step 2" toner product. It smells amazingly of lemongrass which is such a fresh and reviving scent - great for the detox theme. Also, Glossy Box subscribers can get 20% off the next purchase from premaeskin.com so if I like this one I will be sure to re-purchase!

Jason - Lip Bee Healthier
This is a great one for me as I am addicted to lip balms. This one smells like After Eight mints and has a tingly feeling when applied.

Monu - Aromatic Mask
Apparently this is a warming clay mask. Smells of Lavender - looks like another lovely product which I can't wait to try out. I haven't indulged in a face mask in a while so this will be a welcomed treat!

There is also a "Glossy dreams" sleep mask which, to be honest, I probably wont use but it's a nice added extra that makes the box feel more special.

Is anyone subscribed to Glossy Box? If so, I would love to know your thoughts on this months box. Harriet is currently debating whether to subscribe to the Carmine or Feel Unique beauty boxes. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Isobel x


3 comments:

  1. I heard about these boxes on the radio the other day at work and was very tempted to get one, I think you might have convinced me!
    Yasmin x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! It is a great investment. Isobel x

      Delete
  2. I would like to try the warming mask. Should be relaxing to use.

    ReplyDelete